Amusement Park For Carnivores And Gourmet Snack Lovers’ Dream
(July 13, 2020) Pleasant Prairie, WI – Beef Jerky Experience, the nation’s leading retailer in premium, hand-crafted jerky, is celebrating the opening of their newest store, located in Pleasant Prairie Premium Outlets. This family owned and operated Beef Jerky Experience is located at 11211 120th Avenue, Suite 74, Pleasant Prairie, WI.
“We are thrilled to be opening our store in the Pleasant Prairie Premium Outlets,” says Kevin McCoy, Owner. “We work hard every day to provide the best possible experience for our customers, because they are what drive our company and our growth.”
Beef Jerky Experience specializes in more than 100 varieties of premium jerky including exotic meats like kangaroo, alligator, venison and elk, as well as specialty flavors such as Prime Rib, Cajun BBQ and Biltong. Gourmet snacks, popcorn, candy, jellies, jams, sauces, spices and rubs are also available. Packed with protein and low in fat, beef jerky is the perfect treat for meat lovers of nearly all ages. The popularity of jerky is rapidly growing. From 2009 to 2019, beef jerky sales jumped 46 percent, with Americans spending more than $2.8 billion on beef jerky each year.
A grand opening is in the works which will include free giveaways and chances to win free jerky for a year. Beef Jerky Experience also offers all military and first responders a 10% discount. To learn more, visit the store on Facebook and Instagram @WIjerky.
“I’ve always loved jerky! After frequenting a Beef Jerky Experience while growing up in Northeast Tennessee, we were thrilled to be able to open our own location,” said Kevin McCoy who owns the store with his wife Amy and Father-In-Law Vince McDonnell. “It’s such a fun store and a unique shopping experience, where you get to try it before you buy it.”
The McCoys met while in law school at Valparaiso University. Kevin is originally from Tennessee and Amy from Indiana. After finishing law school, they lived and worked in the Washington, D.C. area before deciding to open the new store. Vince McDonnell spent 52 years working in the retail grocery industry. Once retired, he jumped at the opportunity to apply his retail expertise to the family’s new business venture. You’ll find McDonnell and the McCoys at the store often.
The store is now open. Its hours are Mon.-Sat. 11am-7pm, Sun. 12-6pm. Shoppers can also make purchases online at www.beefjerkyoutlet.com/pleasantprairie. Every online order over $100 enjoys free shipping to anywhere in the USA. Sign up for the rewards program either in-store or online and start earning free Jerky with your first purchase! The store can be reached at (262) 288-6222.
History of Jerky
The word jerky has its origins in the native languages of South America. In the 1800’s, the term “jerky” quickly spread across the New World to describe the process of smoking, drying and curing beef. Native Americans, cowboys and pioneers made and embraced jerky as an easily transportable and long-lasting food source. Today, jerky is one of the fastest growing snacks in the snack food industry. This is in part due to an increasingly high demand for lightweight, high protein, low fat, nutrient dense foods.
All About Jerky
• Jerky has traditionally been the number-one favorite snack of the military, and for years, NASA has sent it into space with astronauts.
• IRI, a Chicago based market research firm, reports sales of jerky jumped 46 percent from 2009-2015, and Americans spent $2.8 billion on beef jerky in 2015.
• Jerky is in the beef snack category — the fastest growing segment of the snack food industry (Convenience Store Decisions, Nov. 2012).
• Our nation’s health craze is fueling the jerky revolution as runners, weightlifters, hikers and weekend warriors eat it before, during and after exercise.
• Jerky is a popular snack for folks on the Paleo diet, which urges consumers to eat the kinds of foods eaten by their hunter/gatherer ancestors.
• Jerky is catching on for women too, because the cured, low-fat snack provides an energy boost without spoiling the diet. A Penn State University study found physically active women, ages 18-45, consider jerky more convenient and satisfying than tortilla chips.
• Chefs are now incorporating jerky into their gourmet dishes. You can find jerky on the menus of high end restaurants in Four Seasons hotels and others throughout the country.
About the Beef Jerky Experience
The Beef Jerky Experience was founded in 2010 and is the country’s first national jerky franchise. The company is headquartered in Kodak, Tennessee and there are currently more than 90 franchise locations, including 6 founder-owned stores. The Beef Jerky Experience specializes in more than 100 varieties of premium jerky including exotic meats like kangaroo, alligator, venison and elk, as well as specialty flavors such as Moonshine and Cajun. Jerky is lean, high in protein, low in calories, contains less than 3% fat and has an extremely long shelf life. Millions seek out and enjoy this very nutritious snack every day. Across the country people are literally eating it up!